'”home'”partners'”testimonials'”press/media”about”contact

Monday, February 11, 2013

2012 - As I look back


As I look back on 2012 I realize that I have a lot to be thankful for. I have grown as a person, a travel advisor and my business has grown!   I have to thank my clients for this as you have made me expand my abilities as a travel advisor by trusting me with your travel visions.  I have learned so much about new destinations, new ways to travel and what motivates people travel.  Here is a list of some things I’d like to share with you that has transpired over my year.

Most interesting flight itinerary I booked – Calgary to Norfolk Island, then to Chennai India and then return from Bangladesh. This all for a client that who went to Norfolk Island to visit his family home, then onto to India to visit his daughter who was teaching there and next to visit his sponsored child in Bangladesh.

Most luxurious booking:  A Private yacht chartered for a client’s 40th birthday and 4 of his friends in the Whitsunday Islands, Australia.

Most generous gifts:  A camper van hire for Germany with return flights as a gift for a retiring employee who always wanted to go back to Germany for a visit. Another company gave their long time employee as a retirement gift a private tour of Paris for her and her granddaughter. It was complete with chauffeur and private guide. These gifts will create lifetime memories for these dedicated employees, so much more than a gold watch. I felt privileged to be instrumental in making it happen for them!  


Most popular destination:  I sold a lot of trips to South America this year as well. Peru, Ecuador and the Galapagos are hot spots for tourism right now.  I had opportunity to customize some trips to South America for some new clients and some repeat clients. I also have put together a writer’s retreat group to Peru with writer/comedian Deborah Kimmett.  To learn more about this trip click here.  

Most educational - I went on a Seminar at Sea on Royal Caribbean’s’ Oasis of the Seas, one of the world’s largest cruise ships. The Oasis is a beautiful ship with tons of activities, wonderful indoor and outdoor spaces, and wonderful dining options. This is a great ship for families and multi – generational groups as there is really something for everyone!

Fantail Falls, Haast Pass, NZ
Most loved destination - I had the opportunity to go on a familiarization trip to New Zealand which was fabulous! This had been my fourth time visiting New Zealand and I am still in love with it! I never tire of the place and can never wait to go back to visit! I got to see Milford Sound for the first time and it was well worth the drive from Queenstown into Fiordland National Park. The drive itself is just as spectacular as the cruise on Milford Sound.  We drove along the west coast of the South Island and through the Haast Pass, which is so lush and green with vegetation. Along the way we got to see the ever stunning Fantail falls and stunning seascapes along the coast.  
Nothing pleases me more than getting the chance to visit New Zealand and because of that I love planning and arranging trips to this beautiful destination for my clients! 








Most “proud moment” - I also was very happy to just have my name mentioned in Virtuoso Life magazine, a luxury travel magazine. Virtuoso is a consortium of luxury travel agencies and travel suppliers, such as hotels and tour companies, so I’m very proud to be a member. You can find my mention on page 87 under the Ecuador section of the January/February edition, here is the link to the virtual edition.  Virtuoso Life

Overall it has been a great year and I have my clients to thank for that! Here’s to looking forward to 2013, may it serve up new challenges, motivations, destinations familiar and not so familiar and of course success!

No comments: